søndag 21. oktober 2012

From MODs to MP3 ;)

Recording MODs to Disk 16 in SoundStudio
Greetings, my dear Amigans! In this part of the blog we open up our ears and start digging deep into music.

I spend a lot of time creating stunning instrumental music with the famous old tracker - OctaMED SoundStudio v1.03c, which works quite well under AmigaOS 4.1.5, even with some GR messages now and then, but they are easily ignorable.

I felt the urgent of converting my mods to MP3, so i realized i had to open up my mods, then choose the Disk 16 Mode with Smoothing and press Play, then it will record the songs to disk as AIFF files. AIFF worked as a better file solution than MAUD (WAV). I chose the HKMods drawer i put into the SoundStudio section.

Converting AIFFs to MP3s with CodeAudio Lite
Converting the songs was easier than thought in the first place.

As the songs were recorded to disk in 16 bit AIFF, all that was needed to do was to let CodeAudio Lite use LAME to convert the AIFF files to MP3. 

Convert was a great success, as the songs were saved happily as MP3 in HKMods along with my other songs! Now the time was to test them out!

Playing my MP3s in AmigaAMP!
I restarted my machine by soft-reboot directly to AmigaOS, then brought up AmigaAMP by clicking the program from my Music drawer on AmiDock. I picked up all of my 4 converted MP3 songs in the playlist seen on the picture to the right here.

I have yet to try finding a net site to upload the songs. I was hoping for Aminet, but it currently doesn't provide direct upload yet. If any of you are interested in my songs, contact me on a private message or email me at hkvalhe@broadpark.no, and i'll see what i can do. Enjoy the blog for now!

Soon i hope to be able to run some amazing 3D games, as Warp3D driver has been announced for the RadeonHD cards as a stop-gap solution until AmigaOS 4.2 has been released with OpenGL 3D system in form of Gallium 3D and Mesa.

When the Warp3D driver is ready before the end of 2012, it should be possible for me to show off many 3D games, both as pictures and videos in a blog!

Another excellent blog finished for now ;) Hope you like it ;)

Written by:
Helge Kvalheim, Norway

AmigaOne 500 10th Anniversary

10 happy years with SAM460ex! Welcome to my new Amiga blog update since 2021! This time celebrating the 10th anniversary with my AmigaOne 50...