onsdag 17. oktober 2012

Milky Coding ;)

Tidy system icons
Greetings, my fellow Amigans! Another fine blog to read that have recently been written by me, Helge Kvalheim from Bergen in Norway.

Seen on the picture to the left, i have cleaned up my system icons in such a way that the RAM Disk icon has been moved to the top, with AmigaOS SYS partition, Work, Diverse and Spill following closely. I like it that way, because it seems much more tidy, and modernly familiar.

Cleaning system icons are not the only thing i have done. I realized i needed another music program to help me convert my MODs to a readable file format to be easily converted to MP3. That music program appeared to be the powerful, open source MilkyTracker! This one runs in PowerPC mode and uses the AHI audio system! It supports Fasttracker and Screamtracker (S3M) modules, and can save them to both AIFF and WAV, which again can be converted to MP3 through CodeAudio (Lame).

Coding MP3s with CodeAudio
As told in the previous blog, i have composed a great number of MODs i want converted to MP3. I might as well convert them firstly to both AIFF and WAV with MilkyTracker, and then use CodeAudio (Lame) to convert them to MP3. Then the last thing would be to figure out where to upload the songs.

Combining MilkyTracker and OctaMED SoundStudio with each other is a really smart choice, and makes it easier to convert to certain formats when you want to distribute your music to the public. Very useful, really!

MilkyTracker - a modern multi-tracker
This was a short blog, like the previous one, but keep your eyes on my blog regularly to learn new stories from me. In a forseable future, i might even look at the possibility to add my Amigaish YouTube videos, too ;) One step at a time. These will come!

Thank you for reading, and if you liked what you read, then please add a NICE comment to this blog. See you again soon ;)


Written by:
Helge Kvalheim, Norway

AmigaOne 500 10th Anniversary

10 happy years with SAM460ex! Welcome to my new Amiga blog update since 2021! This time celebrating the 10th anniversary with my AmigaOne 50...